Base to Summit Scholarship
On behalf of CHSCF Board of Directors and Scholarship Review Board, we thank you for your interest in our Base to Summit scholarship program. We are pleased to grant one (1) $1,000.00 scholarship, which will be awarded for the 2017-2018 school year.
Education Scholarship Requirements:
- Resident of Michigan
- Diagnosed with cancer between the ages of 15-30
- High School Graduate, or will be graduating in Spring 2017
- Accepted to an accredited school of higher learning (i.e.: University, State College, Community College, Trade school, Beauty school, Graduate school)
- Have NEVER received the CHSCF Base to Summit scholarship
Process for Application
- Must be post marked by June 1, 2017.
- All portions of the application must be completed and mailed in the same envelope. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- 250-500 word essay (topic noted on application) must be attached to the application.
- We will verify your cancer diagnosis date with your oncologist or primary care physician, please be sure contact information is accurate.
- Education Scholarship check will be dual endorsed; therefore, please attach an acceptance letter for school of choice.
- You will hear from CHSCF either way by June 30, 2017.
- You will be required to accept or decline the scholarship in writing within ten (10) days of receiving notice from CHSCF. Failure to do so will result in loss of scholarship.
- After fulfilling all requirements, and verification of application with medical team and school of choice, a random draw will determine the final winner.